Queries

General talk about our software.
mahesh1991shinde

Queries

Post by mahesh1991shinde »

Hi,

I have tried trial version of EZOutlookSync pro. I have following query about your product.

1. When we run the EZOutlookSync.exe from command prompt by specifying source and target and if the target PST file is not present we get pop-up messages asking about creation of PST file and its type (i.e. password protected or compressed). Can these pop-up messages be avoided?

2. Also to run the exe the “English.lng” file is compulsory can we eliminated necessity of this file?

3. We also observed the if the PST file has some folders with names in non-English language like Urdu, these folders and their content is not copied. is this because my outlook using that pst file ?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Queries

Post by admin »

1. These messages are coming from Outlook. I guess we can avoid them by automatically creating a new PST file. Will have to make changes in the program for that.
2. Not at the moment as this is a language file and all the strings are in it.
3. There shouldn't be such problem. Does it happen if you use the command prompt or the main program's window?
mahesh1991shinde

Post by mahesh1991shinde »

Thank you for your reply.

Data loss which I reported in my previous post is not observed again. I have few more queries.
- What is the drawback if we try to back-up a PST file while it is locked by outlook ?
- What is the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit version of the tool. Which should we go for and why as we cannot restrict our user to use particular version of PST file?
- We found that if Outlook is not using a password protected PST file or Outlook is not running , when we try to synchronize such PST file we get pop-up asking for password. Can this pop-up be avoided ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

- Should be any if the program is able to access the file while Outlook is running. It will show an error message in case the PST file is locked.
- If you use Outlook 64-bit then you should definitely go with the 64-bit version of the app. This is because 32-bit version of EZOS will not be able to work with Outlook 64-bit correctly.
- This is default Outlook behavior, unfortunately. You should remove the password if you don't want to see that pop-up window.
Thanks!