A very basic question

General talk about our software.
Toddy

A very basic question

Post by Toddy »

Sorry to ask a very stupid question...but I'm not a techie! I want to keep my Outlook updated on two seperate computers - each an exact duplicate of the other. Is this the program I need? If not, does anyone know of software to do this?

Will this program also synchronize folders and files?

Many thanks!
KGB

Additional Basic Qestion

Post by KGB »

I am evaluating the program to keep my desktop and laptop synched. I have synched into a pst file on my desktop; how is the best way to get this file to the laptop (ie., flashdrive, USB connection, E-Mail, other)?
TLR

sync laptop with desktop

Post by TLR »

now I don't feel stupid... because I have the same exact question... I am trying to sync my laptop Outlook with desktop Outlook on an ongoing basis... is this the program for me... I have downloaded it and tried to use it but I cannot figure out how to make the laptop the target. I have the two computers linked via a USB bridge and I also have both computers on a wireless network... how do I get them to sync.
KGB

BASIC?

Post by KGB »

Hey, Toddy & TLR; I guessed we stumped the whole universe of EZOutlook Sync users!
Toddy

Support

Post by Toddy »

If this is the only way to obtain help, and such basic questions are not answered after several days, I'm afraid that I'm not impressed...
JT

Synching

Post by JT »

Yes, this program will keep a laptop and desktop synched for Outlook. Basically you install the program on both computers and then point the EZ Outlook Sync program the two PST files (this is where your messages and contacts, etc are stored) and it will make them the same.

Moving a PST file from a desktop to a laptop can be done with a thumb drive, writeable CD, network connection, USB cable etc. If that is too difficult and you do have the computers on the same network, then you can just make a new PST on the laptop and use EzOutlookSync to populate the laptop PST with everything.

Hope that helps,

JT