pst file names???

General talk about our software.
tomoc

pst file names???

Post by tomoc »

Hi again-

I'm back for another try to make this app work. I have now set up a wireless network (previously tried unsuccessfully to use it via USB flash card).

The way I have outlook (2003) setup now is to have the .pst file named exactly the same on both desktop and laptop so I can move it back and forth.

when I switch from this awful system of syncing to EZOS, should I rename the .pst file on one or the other to understand what is happening or will that confuse me more? (will be buying pro version, running windows xp pro on one box, windows media center xp on the other, have outlook 2003 with sp2 installed)

thanks,

Tom O'Connell
Tom O'Connell
max

Post by max »

Hello Tom,

there is no need to rename file from the point of application. You will be able to differentiate between PST file because of the path to the file will be visible as well (and as they are on different computers, the paths will be different)
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
tomoc

new user

Post by tomoc »

:roll: Thanks, Max. I went ahead and bought a new license and I'm quite happy with how it works...what an uptick from USB flashcard shuffles !!!

couple of small questions:

1. when I use the wizard and do a sync, I then select save profile and name it, but when I later try opening it, it seems to hang. Is that the right way to make a profile?

2. In the flash tutorial it talks about using the file LAST CHANGED as the source. Does this really have to be the way it works? can't I make changes arbitrarily and with 2 way sycn they will all be picked up?

:idea: 3. Is there a setting to always back up .pst before sync? If not, this would be a nice feature to put in a future release...it would take a bit longer but give us newbies a little sense of security till we get used to the application.

4. (and final for now). What is the best way to handle archives? should I continue to manually archive both machines? or should I just archive on one and then sync the archives? I can see that it will be smart to archive often to get the pst files smaller?

thanks so much,

Tom O'Connell
Tom O'Connell
max

Re: new user

Post by max »

Hello,

sorry for delay in replying, here go my comments:
tomoc wrote: couple of small questions:

1. when I use the wizard and do a sync, I then select save profile and name it, but when I later try opening it, it seems to hang. Is that the right way to make a profile?
Yes you are doing it right. The delay occurs because while opening, profile loads the PST files, ready for processing, thus the delay.
tomoc wrote: 2. In the flash tutorial it talks about using the file LAST CHANGED as the source. Does this really have to be the way it works? can't I make changes arbitrarily and with 2 way sycn they will all be picked up?
Yes it can be done, if you are using the Pro version.
tomoc wrote: :idea: 3. Is there a setting to always back up .pst before sync? If not, this would be a nice feature to put in a future release...it would take a bit longer but give us newbies a little sense of security till we get used to the application.
Thanks..the problem is, sometimes PST files are several gigabytes...it would take too long to copy them, or space.
tomoc wrote: 4. (and final for now). What is the best way to handle archives? should I continue to manually archive both machines? or should I just archive on one and then sync the archives? I can see that it will be smart to archive often to get the pst files smaller?
Yes, we advice to still archive each machine separately to make sure archives are correct and valid.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team