Unknown updates to events and contacts

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
orchidpop

Unknown updates to events and contacts

Post by orchidpop »

For some reason, OAS detects updates to events and contacts, even if I did nothing, and if it was mere minutes since the last sync. Any idea why this might be happening?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Unknown updates to events and contacts

Post by admin »

If you synchronize your data on the phone with any of the Google services, that might be the reason.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

I think I'm getting holidays from Google into my calendar, so that must be it. Thanks.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

I'm getting 19 updates and 49 deletes from events, even if I sync a minute apart. And weirdly enough, on my phone, after the sync, I get a sync warning in the notification area saying there were too many calendar deletes, but it says there were only 20. If I say to go ahead, it processes for a while. But on the next sync, the same thing happens.

Any ideas? Is it really that Google calendars do not accurately provide information, and are un-updatable or deletable?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you please forward me the latest log file (via PM here in the forum)? You can access it by clicking on Tools->Last log in Windows version of Outlook-Android Sync. We will be able to check specifically which items are being updated after each sync.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

Done! I appreciate your help.