Addresses

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
orchidpop

Addresses

Post by orchidpop »

Two issues related to addresses.

First, with a new contact, I started to enter an address in Outlook before realizing it was in Business instead of Home. So I deleted the text and unchecked that it was the mailing address. Then I pasted the address into Home and checked that it was the mailing address. But after syncing, I see the Home address correct, as expected, but a Work address with the only info as "United States of America". If it matters, this is a partial address, with only a city and state.

Second, for the contact for myself, I used to have an address in a different state. This is showing up in Android Contacts as my Work address, even though, when I look in Outlook, there is nothing in my Business address.

Do you need my latest log file PMed?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Addresses

Post by admin »

We are unable to reproduce either of the issues, unfortunately. Please forward me the log file, stating addresses for which contacts we should be paying attention to. Thanks!
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

Done! I PMed it and the info.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

After providing screenshots as well in the PM, I think I have additional info. For my contact, it looks like it is clearly an Outlook bug. But for the other where I had stuff in an address field and cut it out (even though Outlook 2010 seems to retain the United States of America country then), you should follow suit with the freeform address field and not consider it a valid address to flow over to Android.

Hope this helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the log files.
1. Will. It says there are 2 addresses in Android for him - a business one and a home one. What's your sync direction? We tried to reproduce the problem by creating a new test contact in Outlook, filling in both addresses for it, synchronizing with Android, then removing the business address, synchronizing again and ending up with just a single home address for the contact as in Outlook as in Android.
2. Rob. There's the country field filled in for him. If you remove the country in Outlook, the contact will be updated in Android, as well.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

For #1, I'm one directional from Outlook to Android. But as I noted, it appears to be an Outlook bug; the business address is blank in the freeform field, but if I click on the button to see discrete fields, it was filled in. I cleared those out and synced, and the work address is now gone from Android. So please ignore this one; it's an anomaly apparently.

For #2, yes I understand that and that worked for me. But the steps were to type an address into the business address field, cut all the text out, and paste it into the home address field. Outlook (at least v2010) keeps the country around in the discrete fields dialog for some reason. My revised request (now that I see it is not a bug in your app) is for you to exclude syncing across addresses that only have a country matching your country, just like the Outlook address freeform field does not show anything in this case.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Good, glad it works now.
2. Sounds logical, will implement this request in the next version. Thanks for the tip :)
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

#2: Awesome; thanks as always!