Dealing with duplicate e-mail message mailing lists

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
clauderenaud

Dealing with duplicate e-mail message mailing lists

Post by clauderenaud »

Hi all,

I currently use the latest version, 1.1 of EZDR,.
Generally speaking I have no problem deleting duplicate e-mail messages as long as they do not pertain to mailing lists.
In fact, in such cases, when there are several messages in a same thread, and if I have problem receiving my e-mail, when the server goes down or anything else goes wrong, I obtin several duplicate messages in those threads.
I would like to know, with EZDR, what could be the safiest way to delete those duplicates in that particular case ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Claude, please check whether settings altering (Mail under the Compare Options) will allow you to remove these duplicate emails. Most likely you'll have to uncheck the "Creation date" checkbox as messages likely to have different creation dates if downloaded at different times.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:Claude, please check whether settings altering (Mail under the Compare Options) will allow you to remove these duplicate emails. Most likely you'll have to uncheck the "Creation date" checkbox as messages likely to have different creation dates if downloaded at different times.
For the moment, I have the "subject" and "sender e-mail" checked. The "creation date" and the "body" checkboxes are not checked.
In Case of mailing list, as messsages pertaining to the same thread have the same subject, so could seem to be duplicates for EZDR, to be sure to delete the good duplicates, should I have to check the body checkbox ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, please try that as well and let us know the results.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:Yes, please try that as well and let us know the results.
Ok, I will try it and tell you ...

But, I just though about, there is a problem doing that.
I would like to have this setting just for mailing list messages, (all my messages are sorted in folder according to their matter), and it is currently not possible to apply this setting to a folder in particular : this setting is only widely available throughout the outlook pst file...
Could it be possible later, to have that kind of setting folder-specific ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We'll think about that, thanks.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:We'll think about that, thanks.
Ok!
Or the simplest way could be to have all the compare options available through togglable submenus in a compare options submenu under the tools one.
And under this compare options submenu, having eight other submenus, mail, contacts, disribution lists, calendar, tasks, notes, journal, posts, and there having all the current checkboxes as menu options we could check/uncheck quickly...

Among those two possibilities take the simpliest one for you to implement ...
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud