Automatic Synching

Post your suggestions for future versions of our apps here.
Jeff B

Automatic Synching

Post by Jeff B »

I was very excited to find a solution to the pst synching issue. However, as a big fan and uder of the Windows Offline File synching option, I think a big improvement to EZOutlookSynch would be an automatic feature that pops up when you log on or off, similar to the Offline Files feature.

But still a great utility as is!
max

Post by max »

Thank you Jeff!
We inserted this feature in ou to-do list. The main problem is that sync may take say 15 minutes- should we delay the Windows shutdown for this period?- this is the question...
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
Mike

Post by Mike »

Incremental synchronization is my suggestion. If you run a small/lite process as a windows service you can periodically look for changes in the pst files. Then you just synchronize the chnages.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Or add an outlook plugin/addon/framework (whatever MS calls it these days) that scans the active pst file(s) for changes and updates.

-Mike
max

Post by max »

Mike wrote:Incremental synchronization is my suggestion. If you run a small/lite process as a windows service you can periodically look for changes in the pst files. Then you just synchronize the chnages.
One of the limitations currently is that the PST on remote machine must be not used (i.e. Outlook) closed (and it can't be closed remotely)- wouldn't it diminish the value of such synchronization?
We are looking into this option.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
mcchico

It has value

Post by mcchico »

I do beleive it will have value at least in my case. I just downloaded and tested your program and the onyl other function I would be looking for is the auto sync.

In my case I have a shared PST on a Network drive at home. My wife and I synchronize against the same file to share contacts and others folders -- and since I can not synchronize (lets say if my wife happens to be synchronizing at the exact moment) the programs can be smart enough that if the file can not be opened and is busy -- then to retry in a fixed period of time (e.g. 5, 10 min)

I boiled down my choices to one 3 programs that I will purchase (EZOutlook, Easy2Sync for Outlook, or SynchPst for Outlook)
I am testing and trying to decide. Although yours seems stable, streamline, great interface and it is cheaper :-) -- the others offer more functionality (e.g. auto sync and run as service) -- So I am having a tough time to decide.

Thanks
mcchico