Want solely to sync Outlook contacts - nothing happening

General talk about our software.
deerme

Want solely to sync Outlook contacts - nothing happening

Post by deerme »

My personal computer is a Windows 7, running Outlook 2010 (32-bit). My new phone is Android. So I wish to sync my Outlook contacts with the Contacts application on the phone. Today I installed the trial version of the PC software and downloaded the Android app to my phone. Setup wizard is easy to follow and the pairing of the devices is successful. I selected the options of (a) 1-way synchronization (from Outlook to Android) but (b) involving Contacts solely, no Calendar. Process ended, but with nothing copied over. Subsequent re-tries of both the 1-way and 2-way sync also end as "Successful" but still with nothing in my Android contacts file.

I have not tried syncing both Calendar and Contacts to see if that would help, as I clutter up my PC calendar with a ton of personal reminders that I neither want nor need on my phone, so any calendar data I might transfer to my Android would need to be purged subsequently and that might take some considerable extra doing. All I want is a clean way to copy just my Outlook contacts to my phone.

Suggestions? Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Want solely to sync Outlook contacts - nothing happening

Post by admin »

Please make sure your contacts app on Android displays all the contacts form all the accounts. Most likely id doesn't show the newly created groups and contacts in them.
dorella

Post by dorella »

I have a similar problem with calendar events. completed free trial period with no difficulty, bought a license 2 days ago following sync process get a message that it was successful, but no events were added to my android. Help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check which Android account the events are being transferred into. Tap on Menu and choose Settings on your device. Thanks.