Deleted calandar events do not sync to phone

General talk about our software.
smabey

Re: Deleted calandar events do not sync to phone

Post by smabey »

I have PM'd the 2 log files as requested.
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=post&s ... 1e39aa2c05
Please advise next course of action
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please mention the test event's name so that we are able to quickly locate it in the file. Thanks!
smabey

Post by smabey »

I have forgotten the original test event name so I have re-run the test, with the same results, and have PM'd you the log files
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=post&s ... a044c522fb
The new test event, which won't delete is 'Delete Calendar Invite sync test'. It has gone from Outlook calendar, but still in Android calendar.

I await you analysis
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, working on it. Will get back soon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, during the first sync the event was added to Android. During the second sync the event was deleted from Android, although! during the same second sync the app determined that the same test event appeared in Outlook again as a new one and therefore it got transferred to Android. So what you see in Android is another event with the same name. And you need to find out where the event with the same name is coming from to your Outlook after it gets deleted. Maybe some other type of synchronization or something similar..
smabey

Post by smabey »

Thank you
But it just doesn't make sense:
"during the same second sync the app determined that the *same test event appeared in Outlook again as a new one* and therefore it got transferred to Android"

If that is the case, then why is the (new) event still not in the Outlook Calendar.? It was deleted and remains so.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you sure there's no such test event in Outlook anymore? Could you please double check?
smabey

Post by smabey »

I have just performed a calendar search on 'Delete Calendar Invite sync test' and none are found.
Please advise next course of action.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please create a new Outlook file and try to sync with it. Will there be the same issue?
smabey

Post by smabey »

Hello
Here are the results and conclusions of testing over the past few days:
1. Firstly, as suggested, I created a new account in Outlook, so I now have 2 .osts which have separate calendars. Both calendars have corresponding separate calendars on the Android.

2. I first manually created some events in both Outlook calendars. I then sync'd them out to the corresponding Android calendars (*not* selecting 'synchronize deletions'). I noted that both Outlook calendars and both Android calendars contained the events.

3. I then waited 24 hrs and did *no* sync-ing in that interval.
After that period I manually deleted all the events on both Outlook calendars and Android calendars and waited another 24hrs.

4. After that period I noted the calendar events in both the Outlook and Android calendars were still deleted.

5. I then performed a sync, but this time selected 'synchronize deletions'.
After it had completed I noted all the events I deleted were back in both Outlook and Android calendars!

I might be wrong but It seems to me that the function 'synchronize deletions' recreates deleted events, which gives the illusion that it is not syncing the deletions from Outlook, where in fact it is actually recreating/reintroducing them.
I welcome your advice on how to work around this.
Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately that kind of test isn't of any help as you somehow decided to switch synchronization options in between, making it all more complicated that it should have been. Please do the following:
1. Create a new Outlook data file and create a new test appointment in it
2. In Outlook-Android Sync select a 1-way sync from Outlook to Android, make sure the synchronize deletions option is enabled
3. Select the corresponding Outlook file/profile and perform synchronization
4. No need to wait, just delete the test appointment in Outlook and synchronize again
Will the test appointment still be present in Android? If yes, please forward me the log files and check if the even isn't in Outlook. If no, that's how it should be. Thanks.
smabey

Post by smabey »

Hi
1. I created a new Outlook account associated with a new Outlook profile and Outlook data file. Created a new test event in the calendar.
2. In Outlook-Android Sync I selected a 1-way sync from Outlook to Android, making sure the corresponding Outlook file/profile was selected and making sure the synchronize deletions option was enabled. I noted the calendar event appeared correctly in the specific Android calendar.
4. I then deleted the test event in Outlook calendar and performed the synchronize again, making sure the synchronize deletions option was enabled.
5. I noted the test event was no longer present in the specific Android calendar. All good so far I thought.
6. However, I also noted that my other Android calendars, associated with the primary/default profile, had been wiped!

(In desperation I had to perform a 1-way sync without syncing the deletions, to get everything back).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you! So now we know it works as expect with the new Outlook data file. It means there's something going on with the default one, which seems to be outside of our control.
smabey

Post by smabey »

Can you close this ticket please? I will raise a new ticket w/r to all my primary Android calendars being wiped after our last test. Before I can do that, I will need to see if the problem is reproducible, which mat take some time

Thanks
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd leave this one open just in case something else comes up with it in the future.