Windows 10 64-bit / Outlook 2019 / multiple users

General talk about our software.
JRAllas

Windows 10 64-bit / Outlook 2019 / multiple users

Post by JRAllas »

I've been using Outlook-Android Sync with Outlook 2016 and my Android phones successfully for years. Presently, I have the latest version of Outlook-Android Sync on my Windows 10 64-bit PC, the latest version of the app on my Android phone, and have updated to Outlook 2019. All works well and as expected for me on my Windows 10 user account.
I set up my wife's e-mail in her Windows 10 account and installed the Outlook-Android Sync app on her phone. Her phone connects but syncing never begins. I've tried syncing my phone with her account and the same thing occurs. The only difference I've noticed is that on my Windows account, the Outlook-Android Sync app allows me to select "Outlook (default account)" under "Office 365 / Exchange Server", but in my wife's Windows account, the drop-down selection is blank. Shouldn't there be something to select? Is it possible to have multiple Windows 10 users making use of Outlook-Android Sync? Thanks!

JR Allas
JR Allas
admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 64-bit / Outlook 2019 / multiple users

Post by admin »

You wife's Windows account is on the same PC as yours? If so, you'd like to sync your wife's phone with your Outlook data or she has her own outlook profile? Thanks!
JRAllas

Post by JRAllas »

I thought I clearly explained that above, but perhaps not. Mine and my wife's Windows accounts are on the same PC. I'd like to sync her phone with her own Outlook Contacts and Calendar, just like I do with mine, but the sync won't start between her phone and her Outlook data, but it does appear to connect.
JR Allas
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you run the sync wizard in OAS for her phone, as well? As she'd need to have a separate type of connection.
Liffo

Post by Liffo »

I have a similar issue but I didn't know that separate type of connection is needed in this case. When I get back to my house today I will try to sync with separate connections, hope it's going to work. If not I will write here for more help