What are those deleted items

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
clauderenaud

What are those deleted items

Post by clauderenaud »

Hi all,

Each time I do a Synchronization/Backup operation under my deleted item folder I found some "EZO date of the day" subfolders. what are those folders and why some items are automatically deleted by EZO during those operations and put there ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Re: What are those deleted items

Post by admin »

These are deleted items from synchronizations. Just in case you'd want to check them and maybe restore in the future. You can easily disable this feature from Options -> Synchronization Options, uncheck the Delete to folder checkbox.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:These are deleted items from synchronizations. Just in case you'd want to check them and maybe restore in the future. You can easily disable this feature from Options -> Synchronization Options, uncheck the Delete to folder checkbox.
Ok, and if I did that, those items would be deleted without going to the recycle bin folder, right ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is correct.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:That is correct.
During which operations does EZO store messages in [EZO datetime of the day] folder, synchronization ? backup ? restore ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Synchronization only. As it's the only one process when EZOutlookSync deletes items in one pst file if they were deleted in another (again it's possible to change the setting in options and the program will not delete anything).
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:Synchronization only. As it's the only one process when EZOutlookSync deletes items in one pst file if they were deleted in another (again it's possible to change the setting in options and the program will not delete anything).
But if anything is not deleted it's no a synchronization then ?
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You may call it as you wish. However, some people prefer to synchronize with the option to remove deleted items turned off.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:Synchronization only. As it's the only one process when EZOutlookSync deletes items in one pst file if they were deleted in another (again it's possible to change the setting in options and the program will not delete anything).
Since yesterday I only made backup (Synchronization/source->target ctrl+2) and I noticed the creation of to (EZO date of the day) folders corresponding to the yesterday's date and today's one, so apparently even backup create those folders...
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's not backup but one-way synchronization.
clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:It's not backup but one-way synchronization.
Ok, clearer now,.
Then, you should adjust the wording on your wizard and instead of "Make backup of all of your current Outlook data", put a less confusing sentence ...
Regards,**--

Claude Renaud
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can still call it a backup if you create a new PST file. We think what matters here is the feature itself. Thanks.