Profiles

General talk about our software.
ddegil

Profiles

Post by ddegil »

I use 3 PST files and I have emails dating back to early 1990 in them. I use many rules to move the emails I received to specific folders in the PSTfiles as well. I realize that I can run from a commandline and feed the program the 3 profiles I have made, but then the program runs hidden. That is really not user friendly. I want to see the progress and get a sense that it is running. How can I make it run with my 3 profiles and have the program actually show itself just like if I had loaded the profile from the program and ran it in the UI? This is a big one to me as I always start each computer and have it sync from the target file on my flash drive, then before I shut down I sync to my target files on the flash drive. That allows me to always have my latest emails with me, though it takes time since my files total over 3GB now.

Also I cannot imagine I am the only person with more than one PST file who uses EZOutlookSync Pro. Will/when will you make it so a profile can include multiple PST files and target locations? Also adding a date filter would be handy, where I can tell it to only sync emails that are no older than a specific date or time frame (like 3 months) so that it greatly speeds up the sync and will simply ignore my older emails. That would be a much welcomed enhancement and make my sync timesso much faster.

Thanks,

David
admin
Site Admin

Re: Profiles

Post by admin »

Unfortunately there's no way to make synchronization from the command line visible at the moment. But thanks for your thoughts, will consider this feature for the next version of the program.

Sorry, not clear about your second suggestion, though. How would you manage to set up synchronization with more than 2 PST files within a single profile? One thing that comes in mind is some sort of a query feature where you select first 2 files, then another 2 files, etc. Is it what you have in mind?

EZOutlookSync Pro allows you to set up a date filter. Go to Tools->Options and select one of the modules from Synchronization Options.