Emergency contacts

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
orchidpop

Emergency contacts

Post by orchidpop »

I am trying to flag a contact as Emergency Contacts on my Android phone for an O-A Sync contact. I go to Emergency Contacts, click +, choose the person, and click OK. But the person is not added.

I think this has something to do with that O-A Sync contacts are not editable on the phone. If so, is there a workaround?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Emergency contacts

Post by admin »

Yes, that might be the case. What you can do is to change Android account, Outlook contacts will be synchronized into. Do to that, please tap on Menu->Settings->Account to sync contacts into.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

I had the choice of Local, O-A Sync, and my email address. I changed from O-A Sync to my email address, and that did not change where I'm seeing my contacts (just in the Google address book, even though it shows 0 items, that's the only address book with contacts). The same thing when I did Local. What other step am I missing, please?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please create a new test contact in Outlook, synchronize and check if it's going to be listed under the account you have selected in the app settings.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

If I need to recreate my contacts in order to be able to edit them or add them to groups, it's not worth the effort. I'll just deal with being forced to make edits in Outlook and not add to groups. It would be great if you could fix this in a future version of O-A Sync.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We could try and check if it was going to work. If yes, and you have all the contacts that are in Outlook-Android Sync account stored in Outlook as well, I'd recommend you to uninstall the app, reinstall and then select you Google account before first sync. In this case you'd have all the Outlook contacts listed under the newly selected account without a need to edit them.
We cannot fix the initial problem as it's specific to your device. In other words, that's how your Android device manufacturer decided to treat contacts from third-party accounts.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

Perfect! The uninstall, reinstall, set to Google for events and contacts, and sync worked. I can now edit my contacts, and add to the emergency contacts group. And now it properly shows the number of contacts in the Google account with 0 in the O-A Sync address book, instead of before where it showed 0 in Google, yet all the contacts were in Google.

I appreciate the help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update, glad it now works as expected for you. Please let me know if you have additional questions.