Sync deletes some contacts

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
ColleenD

Sync deletes some contacts

Post by ColleenD »

After an apparently normal sync, I found 18 contacts deleted from outlook. I had not deleted them on my phone. I want help fixing this please!

When I checked in Outlook, the deleted contacts were listed under deleted items. The one possible common factor I can see is that many of them are contacts where I had duplicates (e.g. one contact for John Smith with email address, and a separate contact with John Smith with phone numbers).

How can I stop unwanted deletions from happening?

I have screen shots of the sync outcome and I saved the log file - all attached.
Attachments
Deleted contacts.PNG
Deleted contacts.PNG (19.67 KiB) Viewed 18367 times
Deletion error 5 April.PNG
Deletion error 5 April.PNG (9.73 KiB) Viewed 18367 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync deletes some contacts

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for the detailed description of the problem and for the log file. Working on the issue now. Will update this post once we find out cause of the problem.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync deletes some contacts

Post by admin »

Okay, so there were 883 contacts during the very first sync that was recorded in the log file. Before the last sync took place there were 882 contacts in Outlook and 865 in Android (which is less by 18 than in Outlook). That's why the contacts from Outlook were removed and placed into trash.

Why there were less contacts in Android - we don't know. It could be that you deleted them or they were deleted by some other app or sync (with Google, for instance).