New User Suggestions

Post your suggestions for future versions of our apps here.
dah

New User Suggestions

Post by dah »

I've just bought a laptop and need to keep Outlook synchronised with my main desktop machine.

I evaluated EZOS, PSTSync, SyncPST and Easy2Sync. EZOS was clearly better than Easy2Sync and SyncPST. It was between EZOS and PSTSync however PSTSync showed some strange behaviour! I started with two idential PST files then deleted some emails from the Inbox of one. PSTSync correctly indicated that they should be deleted from the copy, but I cancelled the operation. When I compared again, instead of showing that they should be deleted from the target, the only option was to add them back to the source!

I'm glad to say that EZOS worked correctly! Once the Christmas expenses have been and gone I'll be buying a copy of EZOS Pro.

However, I would like to make two suggestions / requests.

1. It would be great to be able to name the source and target. I know the PST paths are shown, but it would be much better if the words "Source" and "Target" could optionally be replaced with user defined values, such as "Laptop" and "Desktop". The naming should be included in the Synchronization Summary and the log file.

2. I'm paranoid about knowing exactly what the synchronisation is going to to. For me, the synchronisation summary is too high level. There should be three options. (a) no summary at all - just do it, (b) the existing summary and, (c) a detailed list down to individual folders and messages showing exactly what's going to happen to each message.

I use file synchronisation software called "Beyond Compare". Take a look at the interface for this and you'll see what I'm suggesting above.

Perhaps once I've used EZOS for a while I'll be happy with the existing summary - or maybe not??

Doug
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doug, thanks for your suggestions. Let me comment on them a little:

1. Sounds reasonable, can be done. Inserted into our to do list.
2. While there're already 2 options out of 3 (a user can chsoose not to show the summary window before synchronization) we will think about adding a detailed summary like you suggested.

PS Glad that EZOS has won :)
nenad

Re: New User Suggestions

Post by nenad »

dah wrote:I've just bought a laptop and need to keep Outlook synchronised with my main desktop machine.

I evaluated EZOS, PSTSync, SyncPST and Easy2Sync. EZOS was clearly better than Easy2Sync and SyncPST. It was between EZOS and PSTSync however PSTSync showed some strange behaviour! I started with two idential PST files then deleted some emails from the Inbox of one. PSTSync correctly indicated that they should be deleted from the copy, but I cancelled the operation. When I compared again, instead of showing that they should be deleted from the target, the only option was to add them back to the source!

I'm glad to say that EZOS worked correctly! Once the Christmas expenses have been and gone I'll be buying a copy of EZOS Pro.

However, I would like to make two suggestions / requests.

1. It would be great to be able to name the source and target. I know the PST paths are shown, but it would be much better if the words "Source" and "Target" could optionally be replaced with user defined values, such as "Laptop" and "Desktop". The naming should be included in the Synchronization Summary and the log file.

2. I'm paranoid about knowing exactly what the synchronisation is going to to. For me, the synchronisation summary is too high level. There should be three options. (a) no summary at all - just do it, (b) the existing summary and, (c) a detailed list down to individual folders and messages showing exactly what's going to happen to each message.

I use file synchronisation software called "Beyond Compare". Take a look at the interface for this and you'll see what I'm suggesting above.

Perhaps once I've used EZOS for a while I'll be happy with the existing summary - or maybe not??

Doug
I have the exactly same results from testing all of the software you mentioned. It is very obvious that EZOutlooksync pro is the best one.

But, please notice that you must disable option "delete items in deleted items folder when closing Outlook" in Outlook. If you check this option even EZOutlookSync Pro wouldn't be able to figure out which items are deleted and therefore delete them on both computers that you want to keep in sync.
minavrat

Post by minavrat »

I use the Outlook-Android Sync for several months. Access to the Tasks and Notes items in the Android App is somewhat complicated. Would it be possible to move these Items to the home page of the App or (better) directly to the icons on the screen of the phone?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that would very much be possible. Will try to implement this in the next version of the app. Thanks for the suggestion!